Thursday, June 7, 2012

almost two

"Bike", Avi says when we head out the front door. "Helmet, help you", he says bringing me his helmet wanting help putting it on. I am loving Avi's confidence on his strider. And how well he sleeps after riding for a bit in the afternoon. But this past week, I noticed that Avi had more confidence in himself than I had in him. In this parenting moment I had to step back and let him do what he was ready to do even though I wasn't. I dropped what I was carrying and in the less than 60 seconds I bent down to pick it up, calling to Avi to get off his bike and wait for Ema, he was on the bridge maneuvering the turns. It's really shallow water, I thought and let him continue. He's "almost two" and this experience was a good reminder to step back and little and let "Avi do it myself" a little more often. 




7 comments:

  1. You brave mama! I don't know how ready I would have been for him to do that! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Avi! Go Avi. Hey, Hey, Go Avi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Avi!!! So hard to stand back and just let it happen, but how amazing it is when we do!!!

    Way to go mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes!! I would have been a basket case...I would have let him do it, but I would have been nuts in the process. Looks like Avi isn't the only brave one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are some brave mama! I had all the feelings you talked about just by looking at the pictures, my son being Avis age. But I would have let him do it too. There is nothing as important for a kid as the feeling that your mama believes in you I think.
    Looks like a very beautiful to go for walks (and ride a bike :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...he did so well!!! Our little ones teach us some incredible lessons just by being who they are :-) Just try to remember to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Great work, guys!

    ReplyDelete

I really do LOVE reading your comments. Thanks for visiting.