Thursday, May 31, 2012

nine things




"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."
Thornton Wilder



This week's treasures include:
- the beautiful relationship between these two.


 - his excitement and hesitancy every time we feed the neighbor's goats.


 - the mirror that I see when I look at this one chewing on grass "just like Ema".


 - that Avi is growing up knowing, first hand, that we share this planet with many.

 - that even when I hate the many things that are wrong with this country... I also love it too. 


 - these hands: curious, gentle, helping, and finding that anything can be a toy.


- anything. grass makes a great tub toy.



 - living a slow enough life to have moments like these. 



- that co-sleeping is still working for us.

14 comments:

  1. so many sweet, beautiful, and wonderful moments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and heart felt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. Thanks for stopping by even when you're on vacation from your own blog! :)

      Delete
  3. He does look just like you chewing on that grass. Sweet moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkey see... monkey do, eh? You have some sweet moments of your own over at littlecoffeebeans.com!!!

      Delete
  4. All these pictures are gorgeous! But the one of him in the bath with the grass really made me smile. A boy after my own heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, thanks for visiting. Yes, the grass was a play toy all day... I still can't believe I was surprised when he wanted to take it into the bathtub. :)

      Delete
  5. Really gorgeous, every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the running grassy theme! Such lovely words from such a lovely heart!

    ReplyDelete

I really do LOVE reading your comments. Thanks for visiting.