Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A balancing act

As I have stepped into the classroom again, I haven't had much in the way of spare time to spend here. Just today, my lovely asked me if I had a chance to look at the four emails she send/forwarded to me. "I've been busy being a parent and an educator", I said with a smile.  Ignored emails, blog posts left to linger in my head, overdue library books, dirty floors, late night bedtimes (for me... as I write this now, everyone else is sleeping)...... and I haven't even given an assignment that I have to bring home to grade. At least there is clean laundry and time to sit down every evening for our family meal. 


So please be patient with me as I learn to juggle the added responsibilities. I know where my priorities are - thus my spare moments are given to my family (and the laundry)! And after that, you can look to find me here... just not as often!!


Oh and by the way, this decision to be in the classroom again is: 
big breath in..... eyes closed....... pause...... slow out breath... smile. 

10 comments:

  1. So glad you are enjoying it! Give it time and you will get your rhythm with this new schedule. Right now just enjoy the excitement and newness...I doubt we are going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will all come together eventually. that jumping into work again can be a real kicker that is for sure. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed. I will figure it all out... probably in time for finals! haha! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, those students are lucky to have you... dirty floors are a small price to pay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra. That means a lot coming from you!!! ;) I'm glad to be back!

      Delete
  4. As your former student :) I say... You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on stepping back into the classroom. Hang in there, it will all sort itself out.

    ReplyDelete

I really do LOVE reading your comments. Thanks for visiting.