Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nine



We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder


A few of this weeks treasures with some random musings along the way!!
Embracing all that seems out of focus, in the background and that which is clearly right in front of me.
With Jenn working long hours lately, she is sometimes leaving before Avi is fully awake and arriving home for a story and kiss before bed. Thus weekends have been more precious lately.  I love moments when these two have some time to truly enjoy each other - slowly, fully, playfully, lovingly.
It's not often that you meet someone whose energy just shines the moment they walk into a room. I was blessed this past week to meet one of those someones :: Mara Jane King - (one half of the makers of Zuke). I wanted her to adopt me. (She said I wasn't the first person to make that request).  I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to be introduced to Mara and eat some delicious foods cooked by her amazing hands. I'm looking forward to stalking her (in that not-weird kinda way). 
Painting is becoming a beloved activity over here... I am loving these amazing hands :: mine and his :: and the art we make together.
Wearing his mama's old shirt as a smock :: "see my hands?".
Cherishing the giggles that come so freely to this boy :: I could learn a lot about laughter from him.
"I wanna wear the hay skirt" :: A bit of hula dancing in the house.
And a little hula bike riding through the neighborhood.
A cold rain outside :: A concentration in stacking inside.


4 comments:

I really do LOVE reading your comments. Thanks for visiting.