Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Taste of Tuesday: figs

Honey-Carmelized Figs with Yogurt


I made this delicious treat a few weeks ago and thought I would share it as I'm moving into a month of gluten, dairy and sugar free. I'm hoping someone else can enjoy this while I can't.

1 Tbsp honey (plus more for drizzling if you like)
8 oz fresh figs, halved
2 cups plain low-fat Greek yogurt
Pinch of cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pistachios

1. Heat honey in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook figs, cut sides down, until caramelized, about 5 minutes. 
2. Serve over yogurt with cinnamon and pistachios. Drizzle with honey if desired. 

(Caramelize a pound or more and keep them in your fridge for pairing with oatmeal or cheese)



I pulled this recipe from a magazine but forgot to write down which one. If anyone else knows the source, let me know so I can link it. 

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. yum. sadly i can't eat this either. LOL but in a couple more weeks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOODNESS...YUM! LOVE figs. I will do my best to do this justice for you.

    ReplyDelete

I really do LOVE reading your comments. Thanks for visiting.