Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Taste of Tuesday :: Banana & Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Deliciousness


A super simple go to breakfast when you have had enough eggs (which can be really nice when you keep chickens).

I love cooking with quinoa because of it's versatility in the kitchen and it's considered a complete protein because it contains all nine of the essential amino acids. I tend to cook up a bunch of quinoa when I have the time (20 minutes). Then this breakfast can be heated quickly when you're in a hurry to get out the door or get your day going or feed your toddler.

1 - 2 Cups cooked sprouted quinoa (less or more depending on how many you're feeding)
1 or 2 bananas mashed with a fork (less or more depending on how many you're feeding)
A splash of milk of your choice (I use rice or hemp or almond depending on what's in the fridge)
A sprinkle of cinnamon

Heat quinoa and banana and milk on medium heat in a sauce pan until warmed through. Serve into beautiful bowls, sprinkle with cinnamon. Sit in the sunshine and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm afraid I'm a little late to the game and have just start cooking with quinoa...I've just eaten what other people fix. So here's one more thing to add the the growing repertoire. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I really do LOVE reading your comments. Thanks for visiting.